Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Decent Digital Multimeter for DIY?

In article ,
Mike Tomlinson wrote:
Hadn't heard of Wavetek before but it looks quite Fluke-like with a
similar standard of construction (I've used Flukes at work for years,
but like you, sick of using cheap Chinese junk at home).

I've read that Fluke (or at least some models) are now made in China.

FWIW cheap junk is junk regardless of where it comes from, and China make
some superb stuff too.

My experience says a £40 or so DVM from the far east is likely to be ok.
For many, a Fluke is simply too expensive for casual use.

--
*What do little birdies see when they get knocked unconscious? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.