Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Tomlinson Mike Tomlinson is offline

Default Decent Digital Multimeter for DIY?

En el artículo , Steve Walker
escribió:

I'm sick of using £5 Chinese DMM's off ebay. They don't seem to last 5
minutes before the test leads break, and I don't trust their accuracy much.

Is there a decent DIY level DMM - maybe around £40-50 - which anyone
could recommend? I know I'm not going to get a Fluke for that, but I
just want something sturdy & reliable.

Funnily enough, I got a Wavetek Meterman 15XL meter with decent probes
and rugged case for 8 euro (about 6 quid) from the flea market last
Sunday. Looks almost new and worked fine once the battery was replaced.

Hadn't heard of Wavetek before but it looks quite Fluke-like with a
similar standard of construction (I've used Flukes at work for years,
but like you, sick of using cheap Chinese junk at home).

On googling I find Wavetek is actually a division of Fluke, so quite
pleased with that.

--
:: je suis Charlie :: yo soy Charlie :: ik ben Charlie ::