Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Decent Digital Multimeter for DIY?

In article , Steve Walker
scribeth thus
Hi -

I'm sick of using £5 Chinese DMM's off ebay. They don't seem to last 5
minutes before the test leads break, and I don't trust their accuracy much.

Is there a decent DIY level DMM - maybe around £40-50 - which anyone
could recommend? I know I'm not going to get a Fluke for that, but I
just want something sturdy & reliable.

Testing requirements are mainly home (UK 230v) and car (12v), just
ordinary stuff about continuity, resistance, volts and milliamps etc.

Thanks

PS - Have tried anglegrinder... :-)

Keep an eye out on ebay or try Stewart of reading, he does them for
around that price sometimes. Got one for field use many years ago never
let me down and worked fine:-)..

http://www.stewart-of-reading.co.uk/DMM.htm
--
Tony Sayer