Posted to alt.windows7.general,uk.d-i-y

Default Using Gmail accounts in Outlook [OT in uk.d-i-y]

On 06/04/2015 22:31, Roger Mills wrote:
On 06/04/2015 21:27, "...winston€«" wrote:

Gmail works fine here in Outlook 10 and Outlook 2013 using both IMAP and
POP3

IMAP
====
Incoming
imap.gmail.com using Port 993 and with SSL
Outgoing
smtp.gmail.com using Port 465 and with SSL

POP3
====
Incoming
pop.gmail.com using Port 995 SSL
Outgoing
smtp.gmail.com using Port 465 SSL or 587 TLS

Doesn't work with 2007 though, sadly.

Anyway, as suggested by lots of people, I've now told it to permit less
secure apps - and I was instantly able to send and receive test messages
again.

So, looks like end of story - unless Google's dire warnings were genuine!
--
Cheers,
Roger