Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Decent Digital Multimeter for DIY?

On Mon, 06 Apr 2015 12:39:22 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

Hi -

I'm sick of using £5 Chinese DMM's off ebay. They don't seem to last 5
minutes before the test leads break, and I don't trust their accuracy
much.

Is there a decent DIY level DMM - maybe around £40-50 - which anyone
could recommend? I know I'm not going to get a Fluke for that, but I
just want something sturdy & reliable.

Testing requirements are mainly home (UK 230v) and car (12v), just
ordinary stuff about continuity, resistance, volts and milliamps etc.

I've had a few Draper 60792s. Seem to work just fine, do exactly what I
want from 'em, and come with a decent rubberised case. Never had any
problems with the leads on them. £10-15 is the usual price.

I've had "a few" because, despite being bright blue, they do like to
hide. One of them hid over winter right underneath a drip from the shed
roof - they're definitely not waterproof.