Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Decent Digital Multimeter for DIY?

On 06/04/2015 12:39, Steve Walker wrote:

Is there a decent DIY level DMM - maybe around £40-50 - which anyone
could recommend? I know I'm not going to get a Fluke for that, but I
just want something sturdy & reliable.

Testing requirements are mainly home (UK 230v) and car (12v), just
ordinary stuff about continuity, resistance, volts and milliamps etc.

I found some useful info at
http://codeduino.com/information-and...st-multimeter/
- recommends the Extech EX330

Googled that suggestion, and discovered a thorough comparison by a
hilariously blunt Aussie tech ("Seriously mate, this is just ****") -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoeUgMFLyAw
http://www.eevblog.com/files/EEVblog...r_Shootout.pdf

He also recommends the Extech EX330, and it's still available via Amazon
for £40 =
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Instruments-...dp/B000EX0AE4/

I'm tempted. Might buy some extra leads too.