Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Decent Digital Multimeter for DIY?

Dave Plowman wrote:

You might have to approach it in a different way.

Maybe, maybe not ...

Even my rather expensive Fluke came with what I consider poor leads
rather stiff PVC. So I upgraded them to silicone rubber ones

When I bought a second-hand insulation and continuity tester, it had no
leads, so I bought a set of nice flexible silicone ones with probe and
croc-clip ends, they fit it OK.

However they don't fit very well in my cheapish Maplin/UniTrend meter,
waggling the leads in the meter gives different readings, so I tend to
use the nasty stiff leads that came with the multimeter :-(