mrnobby

Default Resistance Question

"Zero" wrote in message

Hmm, Thats Odd. The sensors use resistance to ground. I currently have
many different types of sensors being logged by a couple of differnet
game ports in the house. The question was: would tapping into and
aquiring the resistance value from a sensor effect the ECU of a car
(beyond a tollerable level).

Again - There is NO voltage across the sensors, just resistance.

Dude Zero,

If you knew the 1st thing about electricity, you would know that when a
current flows through a resistor (i.e there is a potential difference
between both terminals) then there is a voltage drop across the
resistance.

To get the resistance value accurately, you would have to disconnect the
sensor from the circuit totally, and measure the resistance with a high
impedance device such as a digital multimeter or an oscilloscope.

But I suggest you learn the fundamentals of electricity before you
dabble with your ECU first.