Zero

Default Resistance Question

Hmm, Thats Odd. The sensors use resistance to ground. I currently have
many different types of sensors being logged by a couple of differnet
game ports in the house. The question was: would tapping into and
aquiring the resistance value from a sensor effect the ECU of a car
(beyond a tollerable level).

Again - There is NO voltage across the sensors, just resistance.

On 24 Jun 2004 14:28:23 -0700, (JeffM) wrote:

I am interested in tapping into the engine sensors
I [want] to...have a pc/laptop...the game port
Zero

You will likely destroy the game port.
An automobile electrical system has voltages beyond what you imagine.