Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] cl@isbd.net is offline

Default Coal delivery and elfin safety

Lobster wrote:
We had a coal delivery today - our normal 3 x 50kg sacks.

As usual, it arrived on a flatbed truck, driven by one guy, who lugged each
bag on his back round to the back of our house and deposited it in the
bunker.

Poor bugger looked absolutely knackered; I was wondering - isn't that sort
of lifting way outside the current elfin safety guidelines? It's a well-
known, long established firm,so I'd be surprised if they just brazenly
flouted the rules, but...?

Our coal delivery man always does 5 x 50kg and seems to find it fairly
easy. He does have everything neatly set up for it though.

--
Chris Green
ยท