Glen

Default PCB conductive pad cleaner

If it's just dirt, grease, carbon etc then use a clean eraser from a
#2 pencil (leave it on the pencil). You can actually polish gold
fingers on a card-edge connector with it too. Just don't over-do it.
Oh, and don't use gum-type erasers.

Glen

I have a large PCB that has several surface pads for pushbutton
contacts from a rubber membrane covering. The same that can be found
in 99.99% of todays TV remote controls. I would like to clean these
contacts, especially since I've been handling this board with my bare
hands, I'd like to remove any oils. What cleaner can I use on the PCB
contacts and the rubber buttons that covers it? I don't want to just
guess and use a solvent that will remove the conductive material that
covers these contacts.
Also, is there any type of repair material I could use if I need to
repair a conductive contact? This stuff looks like a resistive
coating, possibly applied in a paste form.

Thanks in advance