Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default Coal delivery and elfin safety

On Thu, 2 Apr 2015 08:01:10 +0100, News
wrote:

In message , Lobster
writes
We had a coal delivery today - our normal 3 x 50kg sacks.

As usual, it arrived on a flatbed truck, driven by one guy, who lugged each
bag on his back round to the back of our house and deposited it in the
bunker.

That is exactly as ours is delivered. We normally have four sacks at a
time, and the guy just takes them from his flatbed to shoulder, through
the garden and into the bunker. He normally has a full load in the
morning, so presumably carries sacks like that all day. He cannot be
younger than late 50s. Perhaps he is 25 and just looks older :-)

Mine came yesterday - I have 7 sacks at a time which we get through in
about a month. Procedure same as you so no lifting but delivery guy
has about 40m to walk to bunker and for the past few months to step
over some bl**dy garden/railway sleepers that the next door neighbour
has had deposited on the shared path.

The guy is very average size - 5'8" and not particularly big with it.
He just trundles along and only complains about the traffic.

Currently paying £18 a sack for grade A coal (inc VAT).

Just a bit less than that but coal ain't what it used to be so two of
the bags are those manufactured lumps which burn slowly with a nice
red glow.

--
AnthonyL