Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

Default I thought this was a DIY site

On 01/04/15 22:23, Capitol wrote:
Nightjar cpb@ wrote:
also suspect that the days when I could drive across London faster than
getting there by tube have long gone.

I reckon east/west now takes 3hrs between 7am and 7pm. Probably
half that at 1am. Reverse journey is no quicker. North/south I would
expect to be the same. It can take 3hrs on a bad Sunday on the M25 to do
the same journey. I always found M25 clockwise in the morning, slower
than anticlockwise. Reverse for evenings. At 7am, there is a tendency
for everyone to park sideways on the M25, therefore you must be off it
before then.

From Central London (Kings Cross) to an M25 junction (A1/A2/A40/A4) by
any route, any time 7am to 9pm I expect to take an hour. Most of the day
it will take that to get from KX round or through the City to the
Blackwall Tunnel. It can take an hour to get to Westway on a bad day.