Legend

Default headphone out to line-in

Legend wrote:
I have been asked to do a 400 trip in a cessna aircraft TOMORROW
and to film the trip using my sony camcorder

on previous occassions the built in microphones captures way too much
ambient noise and next to nothing of the intercom and tower
conversations and even placing an extension mic in one side of the
headphones is not satisfactory (noise cancelling circuitry in the
headsets seems to cause interference in the camera)

So in a hurry last time I did a direct connection from the headphone
socket to the line-in knowing that it would be too much of a mismath...
and it was...way too much signal

This time around I would like to get it somewher near perfect but I dont
have any figures on the output of the headphones OR the line-in of the
camera ... and I only have a few hours to get some result.

Can anyone give me a ballpark figure on what value resistor I could use
in the line to cut the signal in half

Many Thanks go to **Russ and **Phil again
by combining their suggestions and using 2 x 10k 2gang pots I came up
with a circuit that mixed 25% ambeint (engine) noise with 75%
radio/intercom traffic at an ideal volume with no distortion and dropped
the intercom/radio track on the left channel of the sound track and the
ambient noise on the right channel of the sound track on my movie...
and all without burning out the aircrafts electrical system and falling
to my death from a great hight in a burning plane...
....AIA a very successful trip

.... and to the others....
I live to be a target for abuse in here some other day
-LEGEND