Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I thought this was a DIY site

On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 12:51:58 AM UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
Its something very different to what we know as public transport. The
main problems with uk public transport are

Think you're going to generalise a bit he-

a) the vehicle usually doesnt
go from your origin or to your destination

That assumes you can park exactly at your destination. Usually not the
case in town centres.

It doesn't assume that at all.

b) journey time is generally
hugely increased compared to car travel, resulting in a vast waste of
human resource.

Again, that depends. In general, I find PT at least as fast as a car in
rush hour. Evenings, PT usually slows down while the roads are less
congested. So the car usually wins then.

But I'm talking about London.

Yes, which is particularly bad for cars and relatively good for PT.

NT