Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I thought this was a DIY site

On Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 6:07:37 PM UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Nightjar cpb@ insert my surname here.me.uk wrote:
On 01/04/2015 10:24, Capitol wrote:
I spent my childhood experiencing the cold wet joys of traveling
on filthy public transport. ...

I don't recall the London Transport of my youth being dirty, apart from
the inevitable discolouration and smell in the smoking areas.

I use PT in London quite a bit. I've more sense than to spend ages driving
into Central London and then pay a fortune to park. And most of the buses,
underground and overground trains are relatively new and well kept.
Willing to bet the seats are cleaned more frequently than the average
private car too.

Public transport in London is a bit different to elsewhere, its unavoidable and the area generally high rent, so its relatively dense & well run. Last time I used PT I waited hours, literally, for a grossly late early morning bus to arrive. By the time I arrived in London the rather important meeting was almost over. Very practical.

NT