Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PAT test and a H&S report

On Sunday, March 29, 2015 at 6:32:11 PM UTC+1, Dennis@home wrote:
On 29/03/2015 11:31, wrote:
On Thursday, March 26, 2015 at 7:53:07 AM UTC, Dennis@home wrote:
On 26/03/2015 07:39, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Ian Jackson wrote:

In message , Graham.
writes

We used "safeblocks" in the same situation.
basically three crock clips and a lid.

But plus a 'funny red thing' in the bottom right of the lid.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Images/P...ze_3/SR910.JPG

Once upon a time, as I've probably mentioned before, one of the
less practical design engineers was working in the electronics
lab. On enquiring if there were any spare 13 A plugs for his
soldering iron, he was pointed towards the SafeBloc. Some time
later it was noticed that the SafeBloc was still on the bench,
but it no longer had its plug!

Chris

If I had asked if there were any spare plug tops and had been pointed at
a piece of equipment I would have taken the plug off too, especially a
SafeBloc. Have they made the cord grip work properly in the last decade
or two?

I dont remember them having anything resembling a cordgrip

Not much use for powering a moving bit of kit then.

Sure they were. I was never a fan of safeblocks though, preferred BS372 Clix plugs.

NT