Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default PAT test and a H&S report

On 26/03/2015 12:55, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 26 March 2015 11:07:18 UTC, snot wrote:
On 24/03/2015 17:31, wrote:

True it's not allowed I'm not even allowed to change the fuse if I need to open the plug up. Once opensd it has to be PAT tested by someone proficient whatever they decide what that means.

It's the same at my place of work but I'm trusted to work on equipment
without covers that contains high voltage, high RF power etc.

Here we have the standard IEC mains leads which get tested every year at a cost of about £1.49 each. I have about 2-3000 pieces of equipment in my lab that gets tested every year the testers quite like my lab.

The testers from an external company come in around once per year. They
are so exited about the drudgery of testing so much equipment. They show
their emotions with their couldn't care less attitude and take great
delight in putting big red "DANGEROUS - DO NOT USE" stickers on
equipment solely because the the serial number is not on their list.
The engineers know this, rip of these stickers and continue using the
equipment. This may somewhat defeat to idea of putting the same "do not
use" sticker on equipment that may have been tested but has failed a
safety test.