Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PAT test and a H&S report

On Thursday, 26 March 2015 11:07:18 UTC, snot wrote:
On 24/03/2015 17:31, wrote:

But and this is a big BUT - most H&S depts wont allow mains leads to be
modified by cutting a plug off and fitting another.

True it's not allowed I'm not even allowed to change the fuse if I need to open the plug up. Once opensd it has to be PAT tested by someone proficient whatever they decide what that means.

No mods here just clip it in and do up the anti-tamper screw --- if
you're allowed to use tools that is. Modifications to production
equipment is forbidden on pain of a disciplinary hearing at my current
place of "work".

Here we have the standard IEC mains leads which get tested every year at a cost of about £1.49 each. I have about 2-3000 pieces of equipment in my lab that gets tested every year the testers quite like my lab.