David W.E. Roberts

Default Safety spectacles, why so difficult?

wrote in message
I just phoned the optician where I last went for glasses and asked
about some 'safety spectacles' made up to the same prescription as my
current (reading) glasses for use when D-I-Y'ing.

They didn't have much idea what I was on about really! It seems strange
to me in our safety conscious society that something like this is hard
to find.

I'm *much* more likely to wear prescription safety glasses than
goggles or similar eye protection. I realise that safety spectacles
aren't as good as the best goggles etc. but they are still going to be
much better than the likely alternative.

Presumably most safety spectacles are paid for by businesses or other
workplaces and thus 'ordinary' opticians don't get to know much about
them.

--
Chris Green )

One alternative is sports spectacles - I have seen them like goggles with a
large strap around the back.
For people who do active sports like squash, skiing etc.
I presume they are safety lenses as a squash ball can be quite dangerous!
Cheers
Dave R