Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PAT test and a H&S report

On Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 7:06:49 PM UTC, ARW wrote:
wrote in message
On Monday, March 23, 2015 at 7:59:06 PM UTC, ARW wrote:
I never thought I would get paid to do a H&S electrical report.

However can anyone else justify this as anything other than a fail?

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...e:PAT_test.jpg

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=File:PAT1.jpg

I'd fail it because of the plug. AIUI 2 pin round pin plugs are only
permitted for items one would expect to use in the bathroom, or if an
adaptor is fitted that can only be opened with a tool. Suggest putting in
the contract that you can automatically carry out any necessary minor
repairs for an additional £1 or £1.50, which covers plugs, fuses & similar.

And who is going to sign for the minor additional repair cost? The Vogons?
This is a multi million pound complex and they need to account for every
penny they spend no matter how much it costs them to the to account for that
spent penny.

if they'd rather have appliances failed by you than fixed on the spot for £1 when needed I'd say they're being a tad short sighted. But that's their call. Its your call to understand that and sell it to them.

NT