Posted to uk.d-i-y
george george is offline

Default PAT test and a H&S report

On 24/03/15 09:11, Dennis@home wrote:
armour that was used to connect the machine my father accidentally
drove over in the '60s and got a 440V shock from it.

The 'it' at the end is bad grammar and redundant, since the 'armours' is
already the subject of the sentence.

"...armour that was used to connect the machine my father accidentally
drove over in the '60s, and got a 440V shock from."

Is enough, or if you want to look erudite and eliminate that trailing
preposition...

"...armour that was used to connect the machine my father accidentally
drove over in the '60, from which he got a 440V shock."

Prat

---