Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PAT test and a H&S report

On 24/03/15 07:45, wrote:
On Monday, March 23, 2015 at 7:59:06 PM UTC, ARW wrote:
I never thought I would get paid to do a H&S electrical report.

However can anyone else justify this as anything other than a
fail?

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...e:PAT_test.jpg

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=File:PAT1.jpg

There's plenty one could say about PAT testing on the wiki, but is it
diy... well, some folk diy their own PAT testing. There's also no
lack of sites covering PAT testing out there.

I did the PAT course with the IET. One of the main things that was
banged into our heads was that there was a LOT the ordinary users could
and should be told to check on a frequent basis and it was mostly the
state of the flex and looking out for broken plugs and similar visual
defects.

I do occasionally use my Megger to check an item at home that I am
suspicious of - gives me a quick earth continuity test (but without a
decent current pulse though) but is just as good as a dedicated PAT unit
for doing insulation testing.

We have a tester somewhere round here that's passing class 1 stuff
wired with speaker wire and so on. Probably just plugs things into a
tester, and if it says ok out it goes.

Another case of missing the point