Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PAT test and a H&S report

On 24/03/15 00:22, Nightjar "cpb"@ wrote:
On 23/03/2015 22:46, Tim Watts wrote:
On 23/03/15 21:48, Nightjar "cpb"@ wrote:

I have had a tester claim that a 2 ton lathe needed PAT as it was
connected to the 3-phase supply with a plug and socket.

Well, it would not do any hard to check the flex over and ensure
earthing continuity (I assume it was a Class I appliance)...

All equipment got a visual check from me every week and earth continuity
checking was part of the routine maintenance for both fixed and portable
equipment. It was only plugged in because it might, every few years,
need to be moved, to make getting other equipment past it easier. A plug
and socket meant that could be done without needing me to be present to
do the wiring. The armoured flex was protected by the same heavily
armoured flexible conduit I used for the final connection to all 3-phase
machines and that could withstand a fork truck driving over it.

Sounds like you've got that covered - and you haven't disagreed with me

As the customer I assumed you told the PAT bloke that it was covered
under another inspection regime and he needn't bother with it...