Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff[_2_] Brian Gaff[_2_] is offline

Default Removing concrete pond

What is the water table depth in the area, I wonder?

Sounds like its quite high, at least at the moment.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"sfrazi" wrote in message

Hi,

I am having problems in trying to remove a concrete pond that was built
by the previous owners.

I have drained the pond using a water pump and drilled a number of holes
at the bottom of the pond using a jack hammer. I thought this would have
meant any remaining water would quickly drain away, instead the
remaining water is still there. In some instances I have drilled at
least 7 to 8 inches below the concrete and the water just ends up
filling the hole I created.

Is this expected? I have little knowledge of landscaping so was hoping
for some advice.

I want to completely get rid of the pond and blend it in with the rest
of the lawn but am worried this area will get waterlogged without
adequate drainage.

Thanks

--
sfrazi