Noozer

Default ID this "D3" on my video card???

Being SMT is definately not an issue here. The pads are almost .2" square
and there are only two pads. Should be easier than pulling a hole mounted
capacitor.

Except that they're huge pads with smaller SMDs not "too" far away. I'd
find it easier to do a hole-mounted cap, yet wih a decent wattage iron it
should still be easy.

Yup... won't be a problem

It doesn't look like a transistor. Only two leads on it. It looks like
ferrite material with wire wrapped around the core. I guess there could

be
something at the core. 4R7 is the only marking on the part.

It's not a transister, rather an Inductor, 4R7 is the mH (uH) value.
It may be similar to the following, or larger, but I don't know where you
find find ONE except perhaps off of another semi-moden, Geforce(1),
Radeon, or newer video card.
http://www.umec-web.com/products/pdf...RSB805-4R7.pdf

Looks just like what I have.

www.csd.ca/Board1.jpg
www.csd.ca/CloseUp.jpg

Better pictures may not be needed, there's nothing more to see there
except whether the inductor is really damaged, which might be more
apparent from an angled side-shot. Side-shot would also show it's size,
height. I can't tell if it's just odd lighting or if the capacitor to the
bottom, left of that is domed, failing. If that cap is domed, personally
I'd replace the cap and try the card before touching the inductor.

The new pics I posted earlier have a side shot and better top shot. You can
definately see the damage there. (Everything below the 4R7 marking is broken
from the top.

Cap is flat on top. If I could find replacements around here I'd probably
add the extra cap anyhow, but Calgary is not a great place for these kind of
parts. I doubt I'll be able to find a replacement inductor locally, but I'm
going to try.