Noozer

Default ID this "D3" on my video card???

"Cowboy67" wrote in message
Looks like a power transistor to me even though the D stands for diode.

D3
would be the part number if you had the schematic & or parts list it would
tell you the value. Surface mount components are the most sensitive to

ESD.
Make sure you don't use too much heat and try to use a grounding strap

when
soldering.

Being SMT is definately not an issue here. The pads are almost .2" square
and there are only two pads. Should be easier than pulling a hole mounted
capacitor.

I did a search through some of my component cross reference software and
came up with various tolerances for the number 4R7. Is there something

more
to the number that we cannot see in the pic?

It doesn't look like a transistor. Only two leads on it. It looks like
ferrite material with wire wrapped around the core. I guess there could be
something at the core. 4R7 is the only marking on the part.

www.csd.ca/Board1.jpg
www.csd.ca/CloseUp.jpg

I'm going to try and get a couple better pictures. Not an easy task with
this camera. It doesn't like to focus under 24" even in macro mode.