Cowboy67

Default ID this "D3" on my video card???

Looks like a power transistor to me even though the D stands for diode. D3
would be the part number if you had the schematic & or parts list it would
tell you the value. Surface mount components are the most sensitive to ESD.
Make sure you don't use too much heat and try to use a grounding strap when
soldering.

I did a search through some of my component cross reference software and
came up with various tolerances for the number 4R7. Is there something more
to the number that we cannot see in the pic?

"Noozer" wrote in message
I have a PCI videocard that works fine, except that the horizontal sync is
"dirty" (picture is jittery - I'll post a sample in the next day or

so...).
The only damage I can see on the card is what looks like an inductor

marked
"4R7" and is screened on the board as "D3" (a diode???)

I've posted pictures at:

www.csd.ca/Board1.jpg
www.csd.ca/CloseUp.jpg

It's hard to see on the picture, but part of the material surrounding the
coil on this part is broken away, exposing the wire coil below. (The wire

is
normally exposed on the sides only on this part)

Can someone tell me what this part actually is, and what value it may be

so
I can find a replacement? Being large and surface mount it should be easy

remove and replace.

The card is a PNY Geforce 2MX 200 card... (Ya, I know... but it's PCI and

need it.)

Thanks!!