Neil Preston

Default good books on amplifier construction

The Class D amps are certainly making many inroads in many consumer
products, but how fast it replaces analog power amplifiers remains to
be seen. For stereos sold at Wal-Mart, the transition may already be
100 percent, but I doubt you could find a 'Class D' amp in high-end
audio stores, or if so, that it sounds as good as any analog amplifier
in the store. Analog amps in that area (admittedly not a large
consumer market) will surely be around for a long time, unless Class D
amps show substantially more improvement over current state of the
art.

Pro audio is wholeheartedly embracing the fully digital amplifier. Crown
Audio makes the CE4000 and other models that are fully digital, and Peavey
has been making digital amps since the '80s. I'm sure there are others.....

Neil Preston, CET
Preston Electronics, LLC