Active8

Default good books on amplifier construction

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 00:22:38 GMT, Joerg wrote:

Wow, Mike, I didn't know the technique was this old. But sometimes it takes a long
time. Like spread spectrum which I believe was invented by an Austrian actress but
took about 20 years to get going. Now it is everywhere.

Amazing, Juerg. I didn't expect that tidbit to come out in this
thread. It was Heddy Lemar. She was married to cockbreath's minister
of munitions before she came to the US. She and her producer worked
out a system to foil the jammers they used on the U-boats to jam our
torpedo sonar. It frequency hopped the sonar signal according to
holes punched in a roll of paper like those used on player pianos.

That's about all that was said about it in the chapter on the
history of SS in "The Spread Spectrum Handbook" - McGraw Hill.

I don't remember if/how the concept was used.

With class D it takes some company to get enough engineers behind it and I bet they
could make a stellar product. Question is whether the market is there or whether
people think that what they got now is good enough.

Regards, Joerg.

--
Best Regards,
Mike