Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_3_] bert[_3_] is offline

Default What has Jeremy Clarkson done ?

In message , The Other Mike
writes
On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 23:09:27 +0000, "Dennis@home"
wrote:

On 16/03/2015 20:49, Nightjar "cpb"@ wrote:

The number of mines is a fairly good indicator of how competitive the
industry is. It started to decline after WW1. In 1923, we had 59% of the
global coal market. By 1945, that had dropped to 37%. The number of
miners dropped from 1.2 million to 0.8 million in the same time. The
advent of nuclear power and the introduction of the Clean Air Act
resulted in reductions in domestic coal consumption.

The clean air act has saved millions of deaths from lung diseases, the
public and miners. Who should we thank for that? I suppose Mike thinks
that was a conservative conspiracy against the miners too.

Dennis, presumably you mean me?

Clean air is good, not having to send blokes underground in cramped dusty
conditions even better, not having to wash a layer of grime from your
windscreen
after parking near a steelworks, brilliant.

Not being recognised as a Welsh strike breaker by having black legs even
better still.
--
bert