Cliff S

Default Projection TV Problem?

"Rick" wrote in
:

Check the power supply board for failing solder joints. since your
problem is it's shutting off AFTER a period of time operating normally
it's safe to say that a solder connection is opening up randomly. Look
for any connections that have hairline rings around the component leads.
this will be more noticeable in areas where components really heat up
(discoloration on PCB)

Hi, I have had my pioneer rear projection tv for about ten years now,
not many hours of use. Just yesterday it turned off by itself and will
not turn back on. If I unplug it for a few seconds and plug it back
in, It will power up then shut off about 1 second later, sounds like a
relay is dropping out or something. Does it sound like a power supply
problem?...Anything else I should check?....thanks rick