Posted to uk.comp.os.linux,comp.os.linux.misc,uk.d-i-y
john james[_2_] john james[_2_] is offline

Default Opensource slowing down? "GoogleDrive" private cloud

On 2015-03-12, Tim Watts wrote:

On 12/03/15 09:14, Folderol wrote:

What a load of twaddle. If we're into Armageddon scenarios I don't
think anyone would be considering data security!

They probably ought to be - there's a lot of stored knowledge could be
used to reboot civilisation - unless we really want to jump back to the
18th century and work it all out the hard way...

Even then, the process will be long and difficult.

I've never been convinced about that.

And it depends on the
stored knowledge being readable by whatever hardware remains! How many
people can read a 9-track tape these days?

You don’t see the same problem with hard drives as the backup media.

Recommended reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller.

Just someone's scenario which isn't very plausible at all.