Posted to uk.comp.os.linux,comp.os.linux.misc,uk.d-i-y
Charlie Gibbs Charlie Gibbs is offline

Default Opensource slowing down? "GoogleDrive" private cloud

On 2015-03-12, Tim Watts wrote:

On 12/03/15 09:14, Folderol wrote:

What a load of twaddle. If we're into Armageddon scenarios I don't
think anyone would be considering data security!

They probably ought to be - there's a lot of stored knowledge could be
used to reboot civilisation - unless we really want to jump back to the
18th century and work it all out the hard way...

Even then, the process will be long and difficult. And it depends on the
stored knowledge being readable by whatever hardware remains! How many
people can read a 9-track tape these days?

Recommended reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller.

--
/~\ lid (Charlie Gibbs)