Posted to uk.comp.os.linux,comp.os.linux.misc,uk.d-i-y

Default Opensource slowing down? "GoogleDrive" private cloud

On 2015-03-11, John F wrote:

"Robert Heller" wrote in message
At 11 Mar 2015 17:45:37 GMT Charlie Gibbs wrote:

[45 lines snipped]

A friend recently lost a lot of valuable photos due to Cloud failure.
Even if there's no malice involved, **** happens.

My advice is never to store anything "in the cloud" unless you can afford
to have it stolen or lost.

Exactly - and you can purchase a 1TB drive and a fireproof safe to put it in
for less than the cost of a years rental on a good cloud server - even if
the cloud server is free, it costs you in terms of dealing with the
advertizing and spyware etc delivered with all the public services nowadays

You don't even need the safe if you have somewhere "off site" to store the
disk - I keep mine in my locker at work.

Precisely. Fireproof is nuts. Two locations is all you need