Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Other Mike[_3_] The Other Mike[_3_] is offline

Default Multi meter ?

On Mon, 09 Mar 2015 18:55:07 +0000, LumpHammer
wrote:

On 09/03/2015 18:16, The Other Mike wrote:

http://ecmweb.com/arc-flash/case-deadly-arc-flash

Yikes. Dave Jones at http://www.eevblog.com/ gets very worked up over
insufficient creepage distances in multimeters, now I understand why.

Also protection and blast shields. **** happens and sometimes on mains it's
entirely out of your control. If a meter fails internally and is trashed then I
for one really couldn't give a toss. What I don't want is for it to burst into
flames and start throwing parts of itself around the room at high velocity.

A video of a cheapy undergoing testing that it should meet without external
disruption according to what is written on the case

http://gossenmetrawatt.com/english/s...ultimeters.htm

Multimeter without fused leads explosion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaIszMlrQNE

EEVblog #66 - Death & Destruction of a Fluke Multimeter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlA7-fh5nDQ

EEVblog #84 - High Energy Multimeter Destruction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-FZP1U2dkM

Yes his accent is irritating, he's Australian