Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Multi meter ?

On Monday, 9 March 2015 12:48:17 UTC, The Other Mike wrote:
On Sat, 07 Mar 2015 16:01:18 +0000, ss wrote:

I think its about time I stopped using one of those screwdrivers that
light up to show a live wire and get myself a multimeter. I do very
little when it comes to electrical work unless pretty basic stuff will
probably be used to check for live wires and not much else. So, I just
want a cheap one that will do basics.
Anything in particular I should look out for or have on the multi meter?

Fluke 101 35.99 delivered on Ebay (UK stock)

But that's still a lot more than a simple meter.

A manufacturer who actually designs the internals to genuinely meet safety
standards rather than just silk screening some random ****e on the case.

http://www.fluke.com/fluke/iden/digi....htm?PID=77003

If anyone is happy with testing anything on the mains either with a no name
chinglish brand or an analogue meter then they really want their heads
examining.

depeneds what you mean by no name, and remmeber a name can me little if yuo're ordering from ebay and teh stuff comes from china.

There is some ****e out there that shouldn't be let loose on
anything but a single PP3

you leave my students out of this. ;-)