Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Multi meter ?

In article ,
wrote:
On Sunday, March 8, 2015 at 3:45:00 PM UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
On Sunday, March 8, 2015 at 1:49:21 PM UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Last time I used it, I had a rather weird varying discharge on
the car. The AVO 8 made it easy to track down, whereas the
Fluke digital was entirely useless.

Care to be more specific?

DMMs are generally useless on unsteady readings

Decent one will have a low/high/average hold.

but most dont. And it still doesnt give as much info as a waggling
pointer.

The OP mentioned Fluke. My Fluke does. And that gives a far more accurate
min/max than trying to read a waggling needle.

--
*Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.