Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Multi meter ?

On Sunday, March 8, 2015 at 3:45:00 PM UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
On Sunday, March 8, 2015 at 12:06:45 PM UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Never in a million years. I own a couple of AVO 8's, which was the
peak of an analogue multimeter design. When last on sale a few
years ago the price tag was around £700.

They were never the peak of analogue design. They may have been the
peak of non electronic meters, though.

Even that I doubt. There were lower current meters around, smaller,
lighter, rubber protected, with better range selection and far lower
prices.

They were the de facto standard you'd see on just about every half decent
workbench, though.

Maybe once, but much better and cheaper were also common

NT