Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Apprentices and wages

On Sun, 08 Mar 2015 22:31:41 +0000, Old Codger wrote:

Maybe the management and culture changed such that it ceased being a
pleasant place to work?

It's certainly happening where I work.

For about the first 40 years of my working life I, and most of my
colleagues, were really hoping that we would be allowed to continue
working after retirement. Management was relaxed as long as the job was
done. We worked hard and long hours when needed without any pressure
from above. When the work was light we relaxed.

Exactly. And the job was enjoyable.

In the early 90s there were changes at the top.

Last five years here. I should probably say no more.

stopped being a pleasant place to work.

At times, yes.

When I was 62 an "early retirement" offer (voluntary redundancy) was
made to all over 60s. Many of us jumped at the opportunity. 15 years
later I am still in touch with many of them and we all consider it was
the best thing to have done, yet had the culture been that of the 80s or
earlier I doubt many would have taken it up.

I was eight months too young for the last one. I'm now weighing up the
optimal point..

wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.