Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_3_] bert[_3_] is offline

Default Smart meters OVO terms

In message , Bob Minchin
writes
Mike Clarke wrote:
On 06/03/2015 19:52, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Interesting - what supplier is this? I am not aware that mine provides
any monthy direct debit scheme that is based on real usage, rather than
an estimate which results in me lending them large amounts of money at
a zero interest rate.

OVO energy. Although they take a fixed monthly direct debit like all the
others they give 3% interest on any excess credit balance. They also
have a "Flexible Direct Debit Plan" which apparently gives the customer
more control over how much to pay each month but I'm happy with 3%
return on any overpayment.

I must admit to having just dumped OVO. they have recently introduced a
lower tariff in much the same way as the big suppliers but are charging
existing customers £30/fuel to change to it!! Cheeky *******s

After a discussion with them they admitted yes, it is £30/fuel to
change tariff and another £30/fuel when you leave them but only £30
fuel to leave them.
It seemed obvious to leave and just pay once and they made no move to
persuade me otherwise. They do not deserve to succeed IMHO
The 3% interest on credit balance was creative I'll give them that.
I've gone back to Jock power, slightly lower tariff and lower Std
charge than the new OVO one and no exit penalty.

I too am with OVO and I too am going to ditch them.
--
bert