Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Smart meters

On Sun, 08 Mar 2015 17:18:42 +0000, critcher wrote:

being able to see power usage in real time is usefull in cases of
appliances being left on, you become used to the "normal" reading and
soon realise something is still consuming power.

Well we did spot that SWMBO'd had left the iron on but not by the
(CurrentCost not smart meter) real time display but from the ploted
power use graph from the logged data.

The iron being intermiitent and not overly large isn't that obvious
on the real time display. When I started watching the display after
seeing the plot (where it was very obvious) it was several minutes
before I saw it come on and then it was only on for 30s or so.

--
Cheers
Dave.