Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_4_] Bob Minchin[_4_] is offline

Default Smart meters OVO terms

Chris J Dixon wrote:
Bob Minchin wrote:

I've gone back to Jock power, slightly lower tariff and lower Std charge
than the new OVO one and no exit penalty.

Been with them for a while. Recently I have had to change tariff
every month to get the newest "Best Deal". Whilst this works for
me, surely we shouldn't have to micro-manage it in this way.

Chris

I don't disagree but each business needs its 'levers' to pull to attract
new customers. If they automatically moved each customer to the new
cheapest tariff as it was announced then the changes would have to be
minimal to keep their turnover within their internal budgets and they
would largely fail to attract new customers.

For good or evil we have a de-regulated energy market and whilst the
Govt can fiddle round the edges, the bottom line is that business
principles will win out unless they re-nationalise.

I don't know if you use the energy saving club comparison tools but you
can set this up to email you when there is a useful saving to be made by
switching. I think it triggers at £25pa saving.