Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Smart meters

In message , at 12:42:56 on Sun, 8 Mar
2015, alan_m remarked:

Are you on a monthly-DD-estimate tariff because you've been told it's
cheaper?

It was no more expensive when I signed up and no more expensive than
the best BG tariff a year later. The difference was that I never built
up more than a few quid credit with them because the bills were
accurate +/- a few days consumption.

One of the very first energy supplies I had, back in the 80's, was a
monthly instalments one, and resulted in me lending them every
increasing sums of money in the summer, which got paid off in the
winter. I've had a dislike of that sort of scheme ever since.

Now that my contract has finished all of the BG offerings, irrespective
of payment method, are around £200/240 more expensive than the deals
from more than a dozen other suppliers. It looks if BG is attempting to
entice existing customers into signing up to very expensive fixed price
deals with £30 quid switch penalties per fuel for the next year.

BG tried to switch me to a fixed price scheme, but they seemed far too
keen for me to do it, which rang alarm bells.
--
Roland Perry