Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Bill is offline

Default Wickes timber

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
GMM wrote:
Worth investigating if you need anything as there seemed to be quite a
mix of types and sizes but I would recommend taking a saw as many pieces
are 3.6m long, so wouldn't fit in a car.

Last time I looked at Wicks timber, by the time you'd sawed the bent bits
off, it would easily fit the car...

Last time I bought some from Wickes, a long time ago, I had a good pile
of kindling for the fire. Their timber has always been at the lower end
of the quality list. Good for basic jobs, but not where accuracy and a
good finish is required. That's what decent timber merchants are for.

--
Bill