Posted to uk.d-i-y
GMM[_4_] GMM[_4_] is offline

Default Wickes timber

Sorry if someone else has already pointed this out but if they have, I
haven't spotted it.

My local Wickes has piles of half-price timber around the place. When I
asked the blokey, he said they are changing the range (which seems a bit
odd) but presumably that means all their branches are flogging stuff off.

I went to buy some gravel boards to lash up some low raised beds in the
garden and came away with treated redwood at a much lower price (£3.30
for each 2.4m length of 144 x 20.5).

Worth investigating if you need anything as there seemed to be quite a
mix of types and sizes but I would recommend taking a saw as many pieces
are 3.6m long, so wouldn't fit in a car.