JeffM

Default switching small 5vdc load with 110vac

I need to switch a very small 5vDC load with a 110vAC trigger.
I wish to keep my solution...small.
-Mike

Not a single-component solution AFAIK.
Form@C

Years ago, Teledyne Solid State (solid state relays)
made a 76C* line of 110Vac/220Vac input, ~40Vdc output DIP SSRs.
AltaVista & Lycos didn't spot them. (Google won't take wildcards.)

It appears all SSR companies are run by idiots who want to make
finding the product you need / comparative shopping a nightmare.
Almost everybody's Selection Guide is a PDF.

The only SSR page I could find that wasn't done by a moron was:
http://www.hbcontrols.com/Relay%20Selection%20Guide.htm
(smallest 110Vac input unit is 5 amps out--BIG).

If you want to weed thru PDFs and crap:
http://www.google.com/search?num=100...=Google+Search

I think somebody makes a tiny SSR that will do what you want
(you might start at Digi-Key),
but everybody seems to be enamored with Adobe documents. (I'm not.)