nemo

Default New at PCB etching

Bob Masta wrote in message
On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 04:48:54 GMT, SpicyBrown
wrote:

Excellent! Thanks, I'm off to try it right now...

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 22:09:56 -0600, "Tim Dicus"
wrote:

"SpicyBrown" wrote in message

When tracing out the connections on a regular copper-clad board that
will be etched with ferric chloride, is it really necessary to use one
of those "special" ink-resist pens? Can't I just use like a..
Sharpie?

Thanks

Sharpies work great! Put it on as thick as you can tho!

Tim

Just make sure you use black only, other colors don't
seem to work very well if at all.

Bob Masta
dqatechATdaqartaDOTcom

I use Humbrol enamel intended for model-making. By using a fine "pencil"
signwriting brush I can flow it on nicely and form smooth-edged tracks and
pads etc, quite easily. Nitromors paint stripper removes it OK afterwards,
as long as you don't leave it on long enough to attack the board.