Posted to uk.comp.os.linux,comp.os.linux.misc,uk.d-i-y

Default Opensource slowing down? "GoogleDrive" private cloud

On 04/03/15 17:07, Dennis@home wrote:
On 04/03/2015 14:32, Tim Watts wrote:
On 04/03/15 14:15, Jeroen Belleman wrote:

Bah. Linux and Unix have all sorts of remote/shared filesystems.
Of course, some 'creative' minds thought it'd be a good idea to
invent yet another such thing. That's the bane of computing. It's
so often easier to reinvent something than it is to find out how
to use the existing tricks.

OK - tell me one that works well with Android, Chromebooks with a
semi-connected internet?

M$ one drive works quite well with android, you get 5TB to play with for
~£60pa and you get office free on 5 PCs for that.

And unfortunately it's not under my control. Do I want pictures of my
kids swimming on their server?