Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Opensource slowing down? "GoogleDrive" private cloud

Indeed. I find that a 'remote backup of local data' which allows global
access to that data is easily achieved with rsync.

Assuming Linux CLIENTS

For 'within these walls' services I simply have a file server running
NFS and samba which covers all the bases.

And its own internal backup policy and a nice minidnla server to export
videos.

And that does not meet my criteria.

It's kind of what I do with a laptop - but with Unison rather than rsync.

But when you have TBs of data (many media files - mostly photos) you
will never be able to sync that 100% to random devices - they simply
don't have the storage.